- 1lb shrimp, peeled, de-veined & skewered
- For the Pan Asian Glaze:
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled & minced
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 3/4 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- Combine ketchup, oyster sauce, soy sauce, water, red pepper flake and lemon juice in a bowl then set aside.
- Heat extra virgin olive oil in a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat then add ginger and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add ketchup mixture then bring to a bubble. Reduce heat to medium low then stir in sugar and honey. Cook for 1 more minute then remove from heat and set aside.
- Pat shrimp skewers dry then lightly season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat a grill or grill pan over high heat then brush with more olive oil. Grill on one side for 1-2 minutes or until pink, then flip.
- Brush the grilled side with Pan Asian Glaze and grill until second side is cooked. Flip once more, glaze the second side, then remove skewers from grill and serve.
- Serve with grilled Asparagus and organic Spanish-Style Pilaf.