Baked Whole Rainbow Trout
- Whole rainbow trout, gutted and cleaned
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, or to taste
- 1/2 large onions sliced
- Basil leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 2 tbsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp sea salt
- Veggies and side of your choice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish with about 1 teaspoon olive oil.
- Place trout in the prepared baking dish and coat with remaining olive oil. Season the inside and outside of fish with salt, thyme, and salt. Stuff fish with onion slices; grind pepper over the top. Place basil inside of fish.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes; Continue baking until fish flake easily with a fork, about 10 minutes more.
- Serve with side of your choice and veggies of your choice.
- Make sure you tag #DinnerWithTayo, would love to see your dish.