- 1.5 lbs skirt steak
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1?2 cup soy sauce
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 1?2 Tbsp whole black peppercorns
- 1 Tbsp fresh ground black pepper
- 4-6 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp sea salt
- 1 (12 ounce) can natural coconut milk (organic)
- 1 Tbsp red crushed pepper
- Cut the skirt steak into small cubes, remove excessive fat if needed.
- In a large bowl combine the beef, garlic, soy sauce, coconut milk, bay leaves, peppercorns, ground pepper, red crushed and sugar.
- Mix everything together with your hands, cover the bowl and allow it to marinate for about 30 minutes to an hour in the refrigerator.
- In a large skillet, heat up a tablespoon of olive oil. Add the beef and marinade mixture into the pan and cover. Cook for about 15 minutes or until the beef is tender and sauce to a simmer.
- Remove the bay leaves from the sauce.
- Once ready, serve the beef and sauce immediately. Top with green onions and sesame seeds. Good served with brown rice.
- Enjoy! Make sure you tag #DinnerWithTayo, I would love to see your dish.