Grilled Bourbon-Glazed Chicken Breast
- 4 chicken breasts (large, bone-in split, mine totaled 4.8lbs)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups bourbon
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 tsps apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsps worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsps honey
- 1 tsp ground mustard
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Combine the bourbon, sugar, mustard, garlic, honey, vinegar and worcestershire in a small saucepan and whisk. Heat over high heat and allow it to come to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and simmer for 10-12 minutes, or until mixture reduces by about half.
- Set aside and sit at room temperature while you prepare the chicken. The glaze will thicken a bit at this time.
- In a bowl, combine salt, pepper, paprika, onion and garlic powder.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and add olive oil.
- Season chicken breasts on both sides with mixture, then place skin-side down on grill.
- Grill for 2-3 minutes, or until chicken is golden brown, then flip and repeat on the other side. When finished, brush chicken with a bit more glaze.
(If you don't have a grill follow these steps instead)
- Place skin-side down in the skillet. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until chicken is golden brown, then flip and repeat on the other side.
- When finished, add chicken to an oven-safe baking dish.
- Pour half of the glaze overtop of chicken, add sage leaves on top if desired, then roast for 30 minutes. Half way through cooking, brush chicken with a bit more glaze.
- When chicken is finished, remove from oven and cool down for 5-10 minutes. Serve with additional glaze for topping.