- 1 Whole cleaned octopus or 3 pounds cleaned octopus
- 2 - 3 cups water
- 1 onion, cut into wedges
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 carrot cut into chunks
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp Old bay seasoning or salt
- 1 whole tomato
- Fill a stockpot with enough water to fill it at least 2/3 high. Add your herbs and vegetables (Carrot, bay leaves, parsley, thyme, black pepper, old bay seasoning or salt) to the stockpot, as well.
- Bring the stock to a boil. Heat the stockpot over high heat until a rolling boil develops. Let boil for 5 minutes or so.
- Add the octopus. Add all the tentacles and body pieces to the boiling water. The water will slow after you add the octopus, so let it come to a rapid boil again before pressing forward.
- Cover and cook until tender. This could take anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour.
- Remove the octopus and serve. Boiled octopus is generally cut into slices and fry in a small pan for about 2-3 minutes and served with side of your choice.
How to make Veggie side:
- Dice spinach, tomatoes, mushrooms and onions.
- Over small frying pan, add olive oil and add veggies and fry for about 10-15 minutes. Add herbs of choice for flavor.
- Serve alongside with octopus and fried plantains..