- 1 green onion, finely chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red pepper
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour (also known as garbanzo flour or besan)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons water
- Prepare the vegetables and set aside. Preheat a small skillet over medium heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the chickpea flour, garlic powder, salt, pepper, baking powder, and optional red pepper flakes.
- Add the water and whisk well until no clumps remain.
- Stir in the chopped vegetables.
- Spray the skillet lightly with olive oil or other non stick cooking spray.
- Pour on all of the batter (if making 1 large pancake) and quickly spread it out all over the pan. Cook for about 5-6 minutes on one side until you can easily slide a spatula under the pancake. Flip pancake carefully and cook for another 5 minutes, until lightly golden.
- Serve on a large plate and top with your topping of choice. I used hummus, avocado, and homemade salsa.
- Enjoy and make sure you tag #DinnerWithTayo, #BreakfastbyChefTayo, would love to see your dish.