Pulled BBQ Salmon Sandwich
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon dried minced onions
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lbs of sockeye salmon fillets (or Atlantic salmon)
- sliced green onions
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients except salmon and green onions in a small saucepan. Mix together and set aside until your salmon is ready.
- Season the salmon with a pinch of salt and bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until the salmon is ready.
- Remove the salmon from the oven and chop into small pieces. Pour some of the BBQ sauce in the chopped up salmon and put back into the oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and pour a little more BBQ sauce over the salmon and mix together very well.
- Serve with toasted whole wheat bread, chopped grape tomatoes and spinach. This dish is great served with friend plantains or side of your choice.
- Enjoy and don't forget to share on your social handles and hashtag (#Dinnerwithtayo).