- 1 pound linguini
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 4 Large scallops cut in half.
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- Pinch red pepper flakes, optional
- 20 large shrimp, about 1 pound, peeled and deveined, tail off
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup of white wine (I used sauvignon blanc)
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley leaves
- Mozzarella cheese for topping
- Put a large pot of water on the stove to boil. When it has come to the boil, add a 2 tablespoons of salt and the linguini.
- Add a little bit of olive oil or butter and stir to make sure the pasta separates; cover.
- When the water returns to a boil, cook for about 6 to 8 minutes or until the pasta is not quite done. Drain the pasta reserving 1 cup of water.
- In the mean time while your pasta is cooking, season the shrimp and scallops with a pinch of salt.
- In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter in 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the shrimp, scallops, garlic, and red pepper flakes, black pepper, cook for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add wine and squeeze lime juice and bring to a boil. Add the parsley and gentle stir well and allow to cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Once ready, serve the pasta with the shrimp and scallop, drizzle the sauce over the pasta and drizzle over a bit more olive oil and serve immediately.
- Enjoy! Make sure you tag #DinnerWithTayo, I would love to see your dish.