- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 12 ounces ripe tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella (about 2 oz.)
- 1 tablespoon finely grated Parmesan
- 1/3 cup small fresh basil leaves, optional
- 1 whole-wheat pizza dough (pre made - purchased mine from whole foods)
- Place an oven rack on lowest position and preheat to 500°F.
- In a small bowl, stir oil and garlic; brush on dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Top with tomatoes, overlapping slightly. Sprinkle with the oregano, salt, mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Bake until cheese has melted and crust is golden and crisp, about 13 minutes. Top with basil, if desired. Cut into 8 slices. Serve.