Create a tropical vibe and enjoy this delicious simple oven-baked coconut shrimp dish coated in a coconut crust and juicy shrimp.
- 1 lb large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup panko crumbs
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour (not in the picture)
- 1 tbsp old bay seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 large egg
- pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Seasoning the shrimp with old bay.
- In a large bowl combine sweetened coconut, panko, flour, salt, garlic powder, and pepper together.
- Working with one shrimp at a time dip shrimp into the beaten eggs followed by the flour mixture until coated followed.
- On a parchment-lined baking sheet, arrange prepared shrimp and bake on a center rack for 12 minutes.
- Serve immediately along with honey chili sauce. Enjoy!