Imagine a recipe you would order at a restaurant but instead, you can make this right in your own kitchen. This recipe is both a super quick weeknight meal or a weekend meal you make for your friends.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced, divided
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 Fettuccine pasta pack
- 1 lb. jumbo raw shrimp (deveined and clean)
- 1 lb. of Mussels
- ¾ cup Pinot Grigio
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Parmesan cheese for garnishing over pasta
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp salt and pepper
- In a large pot, heat up two tablespoons of butter, two cloves of garlic, the broth, and water; bring to a boil. Add the pasta and boil for 15-20 minutes or until the pasta is cooked. (Drain excessive water if needed.)
- While the pasta is cooking, heat two tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the shrimp and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until they are cooked through.
- Add the white wine, garlic, and mussels. Cover the skillet with a lid. Let the shrimp and mussels cook for another 5-7 minutes. Lower the temperature of the heat to low. Remove the mussels into a separate bowl and drain some of the wine into the mussels.
- Now add the whipping cream, red pepper flakes, parsley, salt, and brown sugar with the shrimp. Gentle stir together. Add in the cooked pasta and hand full of arugula and toss everything together.
- Serve the pasta with the mussels and toasted french bread on the side.
- Enjoy and don’t forget to share your photo and (hashtag) #Dinnerwithtayo.