Jerk Seasoned Sardines
- 6-12 fresh sardines (Depending on serving), cleaned, leaving head and tail intact
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 Tbs Jamaican jerk seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 grape tomatoes, diced
- 2 Tbs chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 Tbs red onions, diced
- Chopped baby spinach
- 2 Tbs coconut oil
- Rinse sardines and pat dry, then spread out on a platter. Drizzle sardines with 1 tablespoon oil and sprinkle with jerk seasoning on both sides, a pinch of sea salt, and pepper.
- Dice the onions, tomatoes, cilantro, and spinach and mix in a small bowl. Set aside before preparing.
- Heat up a pan over moderately high heat until hot. Oil pan and pan fry the sardines, turning over once, until just cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes total. Transfer as cooked to a clean plate.
- In a separate pan, cook the onions, tomatoes, cilantro and spinach for about 5 minutes.
- Serve sardines with the veggie mixture fresh of the stove. Great served with brown rice.
- Enjoy! Make sure you tag #DinnerWithTayo, I would love to see your dish.