Soy Halibut Steak
- 1 pound halibut steaks
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Cup Quinoa
- 2 Tuscan Kale leaves
- Sweet Red and Yellow Peppers
- Chopped Onions
- In a pot add 2 cups of water and 1 cup of Quinoa, cover the pot and Cook for about 15 minutes or until Quinoa is tender. (Cook Quinoa as instructed on package.)
- Chop onions, peppers and kale leaves. Cook with 1 teaspoon of oil (I used sesame oil) in a frying pan. Add a dash of salt. Allow to cook for about 2 minutes.
- Combine all ingredients (butter, brown sugar, soy sauce, pepper, lemon salt) in a small saucepan over a medium heat. Gentle mix until sugar is dissolved and sauce has a creamy texture to it. (see picture above).
- Preheat grill or a pan with oil. season both sides of the fish with salt. Place halibut steaks on grill or pan and cook on each side for about 5 minutes. (If using a pan, make sure you cover the pan so the steak cooks properly on both sides)
- Halibut should be transparent through to the middle, flake easily with a fork and has an outward brown color.
- When done, remove, glaze the Halibut steak with the soy sauce mix and serve with Kale mix and Quinoa.
- Make sure you hashtag #DinnerWithTayo, would love to see your dish.