Cornflakes French Toast is a delicious and easy breakfast dish that’s perfect for anyone who loves a bit of crunch in their morning meal. This recipe features slices of bread that are dipped in a mixture of eggs, milk, and cinnamon, then coated with crushed cornflakes to create a crispy and flavorful crust. The French toast is then cooked on a griddle or in a frying pan until golden brown and crispy on the outside, and tender on the inside. The cornflakes add a satisfying crunch to the dish, while the cinnamon adds a warm and comforting flavor. This recipe is easy to make and can be customized with your favorite toppings like fresh fruit, whipped cream, or syrup. If you’re looking for a fun and delicious twist on classic French toast, give this Cornflakes French Toast recipe a try and enjoy the perfect balance of crunchy and soft textures in every bite.
- 4-6 slices brioche bread
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups cornflakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Raspberry and blueberries for topping
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla extract.
- Dip the bread slices in the egg mixture on both sides until the bread has absorbed the egg mixture.
- Crumble the cornflakes completely. Place the cornflakes in a shallow bowl or flat plate.
- Heat a large (12-inch) non-stick skillet over medium heat and melt 2 tablespoons of butter. When the pan is hot, dip the French toast slices in the cornflakes, lightly pushing so the cornflakes stick to the bread slices.
- Cook about 4-5 minutes on each side, until the cornflakes are lightly browned and the french toast is cooked. Repeat with remaining bread slices.
- Serve warm with your favorite toppings such as maple syrup, powdered sugar, raspberry, and blueberries (or your choice of fresh fruits)
- Enjoy and don’t forget to use the hashtag #DinnerWithTayo.