This Shrimp pasta with a buttery tomato sauce is a delicious and easy dish that can be made in just a few minutes. It is a perfect choice for a weeknight meal or a special occasion. This dish is made with simple ingredients, such as shrimp, pasta, and a tomato-based sauce. The shrimp are cooked in a skillet until they are pink and cooked through. The pasta is cooked separately and then added to the shrimp and sauce. The dish is then seasoned with salt and pepper to taste. This pasta recipe can be served with a side of bread or salad.
- 1lb of large shrimp
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp of Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 6 medium tomatoes (cut into thin slices)
- 2 tsp. honey
- Box of pasta (your choice of preference)
- Cook the pasta as instructed on the box. 15 minutes (or until the pasta is soft) in a boil water.
- Cut the tomatoes up into thin slices. Heat up a skillet over medium heat. Add in butter and allow it to melt.
- Add the tomatoes and the juice into the butter and simmer for 5 minutes. Season with black pepper, cumin, Italian seasoning and a pinch of salt.
- Add in shrimp (make sure you remove the tail from the shrimp prior to) stir together and add in 1 tsp of salt and a little bit of additional Italian seasoning. Cook in for about 5 minutes.
- Drain out the water from the pasta once ready and add the pasta into your shrimp sauce.
- Stir together and garnish with chopped basil leaves.
- Enjoy! Make sure you tag #DinnerWithTayo, I would love to see your dish.