It’s time to elevate your taco night with this delicious octopus tacos. Served on a warm corn tortilla and topped with a homemade chili sauce, fresh pineapples, and cilantro, this recipe is a major upgrade to your standard taco recipe. If you are looking for a new and exciting recipe, this dish is perfect for you.
- Whole octopus (you can find this at whole foods or your local seafood market.
- Salt and pepper (for taste)
- 1 8oz can of tomato sauce
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1 small onion (thinly sliced)
- Corn tortilla
- In a large pot, boil the octopus in salted water for 15-20 minutes over medium-high heat.
- Once the octopus is ready, take it out of the water and cut it into pieces. Season with a pinch of salt and black pepper for additional taste. Set aside
- In a frying pan, heat up 1 Tbsp of olive oil over medium-high heat. Saute the onions for about 5 minutes, until it’s slightly golden. Remove the onions from the pan and set this to the side.
- In the same pan, add another Tbsp of olive oil and fry the octopus for 5-10 minutes or until it’s crispy on the outside. You don’t want to burn the octopus so you want to keep an eye on it.
- In a small blender or bowl, combine tomato sauce, tomato paste, sugar, vinegar, chili powder, cinnamon, and allspice together. Blend or mix together (if you are using a bowl).
- Time to serve up this the finished dish. Start with warm corn tortilla, chili sauce, 2 pineapples pieces, octopus, topped with cilantro. Enjoy.
- Make sure you hashtag #DinnerWithTayo, I would love to see your dish.