With a handful of fresh ingredients, this creamy carrot and sweet potato soup is a quick, comforting and very satisfying healthy dish.
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1-2 tsp salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into slices
- 8 fresh carrots diced
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 tsp paprika
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, and season lightly with salt and pepper. Cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in sweet potatoes, carrots, stock, cinnamon, and paprika. Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes. Check at the 20-minute mark and your sweet potatoes should be very tender. If not cook for another 5 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Using a blender or food processor, blend the mixture. You can add additional stock while blending if the mixture is to thick. Pour the blended mixture back into the pot. Add a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately while it’s hot. This dish is great served with a grilled cheese sandwich.
- Enjoy! Make sure you tag #DinnerWithTayo, I would love to see your dish.