gure class="wp-block-image size-large">
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- fennel bulb white part only, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 1/2 cup yellow onion 1 large, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 3 garlic cloves pressed or minced
- 1 teaspoon whole fennel seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 4 cups of seafood stock
- 1 1/2 cups of Pinot Grigio
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound cod fillets skin removed, cut into 2-inch dice
- 1 pound large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 pound scallops
- 1/2 dozen mussels
- 1/2 dozen littleneck clams
- 3 tablespoons parsley minced
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy pot over medium heat. Add the fennel and onion and sauté for 10 minutes, until tender.
- Stir in the garlic, fennel seeds, and red pepper flakes and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, stock, wine, 1 tablespoon salt, and 1 teaspoon black pepper. Bring to a boil, lower the heat, and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes.
- First, add the cod, then the shrimp, scallops, and finally the mussels. Do not stir. Bring this to a simmer, lower the heat, cover and cook for 10 minutes until the seafood is cooked and the shellfish open. (Discard any mussels that have not opened).
- Gently stir together being careful not to break up the fish; sprinkle with parsley. Serve with toasted french bread or slices of sourdough baguette.
- Enjoy and don’t forget to hashtag, #dinnerwithtayo