Baked Sweet Potato Mac and Cheese is a delicious twist on a classic comfort food dish. This recipe incorporates nutrient-dense sweet potatoes into the creamy, cheesy sauce for a healthier take on mac and cheese. The sweet potatoes add a subtle sweetness and creaminess to the dish, while also boosting its nutritional value. The result is a rich, satisfying meal that the whole family will love. Plus, this recipe is easy to make and can be customized with your favorite mix-ins and toppings. Give it a try and enjoy the delicious taste of sweet potato mac and cheese.
- 1 box penne pasta
- 3-5 sweet potato (depending on serving)
- 1 can of carnation condensed milk
- 1 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 1/4 cups shredded sharp Cheddar jack cheese
- 1 1/4 cups shredded sharp Mozzarella cheese
- Feta Cheese (for topping)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika pepper
- Fresh parsley finely diced (for garnish)
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook the pasta until just tender, 7 to 9 minutes. Add in 1 Tbsp butter and salt. Drain once done; set aside.
- Meanwhile, cut the sweet potato in several several pieces or in half. Cook the potatoes in a large pot of boiling water until they are tender, 10-15 minutes.
- Once the sweet potatoes are done, allow the potatoes to cool down on a cooling rack and peel the skin off. Cut the potatoes into small pieces and sit aside.
- In a small pot, Whisk milk Heat over medium heat, add in cheddar cheese and pinch of salt; whisking frequently, until steaming, hot, and cheese have melted and blended in with the mix.
- Remove from heat.
- Prepare the bottom of the baking dish with Cheddar jack cheese. Add the sweet potatoes then penne pasta. Top with cheese mix; Top with mozzarella cheese, feta cheese and paprika.
- Bake on the upper rack in the oven until the cheese are nicely melted and the top is lightly browned and crispy, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and garnish with finely diced parsley.
- Enjoy! Make sure you tag #DinnerWithTayo, I would love to see your dish.