This cajun style crab-stuffed salmon is rich and flavorful. It’s an elegant addition to any dinner and the recipe is quick and easy to prepare.
- 8 oz. Crab Meat
- ½ C diced bell peppers
- ½ C cream cheese softened
- 1 Tsp black pepper
- 1-2 Tbsp cajun seasoning
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 C mozzarella cheese
- ¼ C grated parmesan cheese
- 1 Tsp smoked paprika
- ⅓ C green onions, diced
- Lime Zest
- 1 lb Salmon (skin off)
- Salt for taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl combine softened cream cheese, bell peppers, garlic, crab meat, black pepper, cajun seasoning, paprika, green onions, mozzarella, and parmesan cheese; mix and stir until well incorporated. Taste and adjust accordingly.
- Butterfly salmon by cutting horizontally through the middle along one long side, leaving the other side intact. Open flat, like a book. Spread the crab meat mixture evenly across the salmon.
- With a long side facing you, roll up salmon into a tight log. Secure with 6 pieces of kitchen twine, starting about 1 1/4 inches from the end and spacing evenly.
- In a small bowl, whisk together melted butter, 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning, and 1 teaspoon salt. Brush the mixture evenly around the wrapped salmon. Cut salmon into 6 equal pieces, slicing between twine.
- Place each piece of salmon in a baking dish and bake for 20 minutes or until the fish is done.
- Garnish with diced fresh parsley leaves.
- Serve and enjoy. This dish is great with veggies of your choice or rice.
- Make sure you hashtag #DinnerWithTayo, I would love to see your dish.