This BBQ salmon sandwich is a delicious and healthy way to enjoy salmon. It is made with grilled salmon, BBQ sauce, and your favorite toppings, such as lettuce, tomato, and onion. The grilled salmon is moist and flavorful, and the BBQ sauce adds a touch of sweetness and tanginess. This sandwich is perfect for a quick and easy lunch or dinner.
- For a smoky flavor, add a teaspoon of smoked paprika to the BBQ sauce mixture.
- To make the sandwich ahead of time, cook the salmon and toast the buns. Then, assemble the sandwiches and wrap them tightly in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for up to 24 hours. When you’re ready to eat, let the sandwiches sit at room temperature for 10 minutes before serving.
- For a vegetarian version of this sandwich, use grilled tofu instead of salmon.
- For a sweeter BBQ flavor, add a teaspoon of brown sugar to the BBQ sauce mixture.
- For a spicier BBQ flavor, add a teaspoon of cayenne pepper to the BBQ sauce mixture.
- For a healthier version of this sandwich, use whole-wheat buns and skip the toppings.
No matter how you make it, this BBQ salmon sandwich is sure to be a hit!
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon dried minced onions
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lbs of sockeye salmon fillets (or Atlantic salmon)
- sliced green onions
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients except salmon and green onions in a small saucepan. Mix together and set aside until your salmon is ready.
- Season the salmon with a pinch of salt and bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until the salmon is ready.
- Remove the salmon from the oven and chop into small pieces. Pour some of the BBQ sauce in the chopped up salmon and put back into the oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and pour a little more BBQ sauce over the salmon and mix together very well.
- Serve with toasted whole wheat bread, chopped grape tomatoes and spinach. This dish is great served with friend plantains or side of your choice.
- Enjoy and don’t forget to share on your social handles and hashtag (#Dinnerwithtayo).