Introducing my shrimp and veggie dumpling recipe, a tasty and healthy twist on traditional dumplings. These dumplings are filled with succulent shrimp, fresh vegetables, and aromatic spices, all wrapped up in a soft and chewy wrapper. Perfect as an appetizer or main dish, these dumplings are sure to impress your family and friends. Plus, they’re easy to make and can be enjoyed steamed, boiled, or pan-fried. Get ready to indulge in a flavor explosion with every bite of these delicious shrimp and veggie dumplings.
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled, deveined and chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped baby spinach
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 Tbs. soy sauce
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 12-24 dumpling wrappers (Depending on serving)
- Sweet chili sauce for dipping sauce
- Combine half of the shrimp and all of the carrot, spinach, cilantro, garlic, soy sauce, and sesame oil in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until smooth. Transfer the mixture to a bowl.
- Place 1 dumpling wrapper and spoon 1 tsp. of the shrimp mixture onto the center of the wrapper. Seal the wrapper by spreading water at the edges, fold the wrapper, firmly press down to seal the dumplings (see pictures above). Transfer the dumpling to a platter. Repeat the steps with the remaining filling and the remaining wrappers.
- Cover the dumplings and place in the fridge for 20-30 minutes
- Once the dumplings are prepared and ready, Heat up cooking oil on a non-stick pan, with a paper towel spread the oil evenly in the pan. Now place the dumplings into the pan for 2-3 minutes on high heat. Pour in a quarter cup of water into the pan and close with lid (to evenly cook the whole dumpling).
- Cook for about 3-4 minutes or until the water in the pan has dried up. Remove the lid and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately with the dipping sauce alongside. Makes about 24 dumplings.
- Enjoy! Make sure you tag #DinnerWithTayo, I would love to see your dish.