Looking for a healthy and tasty meal that’s easy to make and sure to satisfy? Look no further than this Sweet Potato Chicken Boat recipe. It’s a delicious and nutritious meal that’s perfect for busy weeknights when you don’t have a lot of time to cook, but still want something filling and flavorful. The star of this recipe is the tender and juicy chicken, mixed with the natural sweetness of the sweet potatoes, creating a perfect balance of flavors. The addition of the fresh herbs and spices not only adds a pop of color, but also gives a fresh and aromatic taste to the dish. Whether you’re looking for a healthy lunch or dinner for the family, this Sweet Potato Chicken Boat recipe is a great option that’s sure to become a family favorite.
- Thin sliced chicken breast
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- 2 teaspoon sesame oil or olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red crushed peppers
- fresh spinach
- 1/2 red onions
- 4-5 grape tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons of BBQ sauce
- 1 or 2 sweet potatoes
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Poke a few holes around the potatoes and bake for 30-40 minutes or until potatoes are soft.
- Cut the chicken breast into thin slices and season with salt, pepper, cajun seasoning, tad drop of olive oil.
- Heat up a skillet over medium heat and add sesame or olive oil. Fry the chicken for about 3-5 minutes or until chicken are golden/tender.
- Transfer the chicken to a board and cut into small pieces. Place in a bowl and add BBQ to chicken, mix them together and set aside.
- Cut the onions and tomatoes. In a bowl, Add onions, tomatoes, spinach, oil, salter and black pepper. Mix together.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven, allow it to cool down before cutting. Cut the potatoes into half and curve out a small pocket.
- Top the potatoes with veggie mix and chicken. Garnish with sesame seeds if desired.
- Make sure you hashtag #DinnerWithTayo, would love to see your dish.