I made this delicious Shrimp & Chicken Basil Pesto Pasta. This dish is fresh, easy to prepare and a satisfying weeknight meal your family will love.
For the Homemade Pesto:
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- ½ cup pine nuts
- ½ cup grated pecorino cheese
- 1 clove garlic peeled
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and black pepper
For the Basil Pesto Shrimp and Chicken Pasta:
- Pack of pasta
- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken thighs; shredded
- 1 lb of shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
For the Pesto Chicken Pasta:
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Set aside once ready.
- Season both sides of the chicken thighs with a pinch of salt and black pepper.
- In a large pan heat olive oil over medium heat, add chicken thighs, and fry both sides 2-3 minutes per side or until golden and cooked. Remove the chicken from the pan, cut, and shred into pieces with a fork and knife. Set aside.
- In the same pan, add the shrimp, pinch of salt, and cook for about 5 minutes or until the shrimp are pink and cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside.
For the Basil Pesto:
- Set out a food processor. Place the basil leaves, olive oil, pine nuts, pecorino cheese, garlic clove, lemon juice, pepper, and salt in the food processor. Cover and pulse until finely ground and a smooth, thick pesto sauce is formed. Taste, then add additional salt and pepper if needed.
- Stir in the shredded cooked chicken and shrimp into the cooked pasta. Stir in the pesto, and stir everything together.
- Once it’s ready, top with additional grated pecorino cheese and serve. Enjoy!
- Make sure you hashtag #DinnerWithTayo, I would love to see your dish.