- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup cold buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, and salt until well combined.
- Add the cubed cold butter and blend into the dry ingredients until you have small pea-sized pieces of butter. Then, whisk in the shredded cheese.
- Pour the cold buttermilk into the mixture and gently work it together until the dough starts to come together.
- Scoop pieces of the dough and gently work it together into a circular form with your hands. You should have 9-10 pieces of biscuits.
- Arrange the biscuits on the baking sheet touching each other. Brush the top of each biscuit with a little bit of buttermilk.
- Bake at 450°F for about 16-20 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Remove from the oven and brush with melted butter if desired. Serve, and enjoy!
- Don’t forget to share your photos on social media and hashtag, #dinnerwithtayo.