- 1 1/3 cups uncooked long-grain white rice
- 2 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 pound large or jumbo shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- Pack of chicken breast
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted divided
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- cajun seasoning
- Rinse and clean the shrimp and chicken with water and then pat it down. Cut the chicken in pieces. Seasoning both with cajun seasoning and oregano.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook the shrimp until it’s pink and opaque and remove it from the skillet, set aside.
- Cook the chicken for 6 minutes or until its tender. Remove it from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, stir in garlic, half of the cajun seasoning, and the rice. Stir in chicken broth, bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cover. Cook for 15 minutes, stirring 1-2 times throughout.
- Stir the shrimp and chicken into the rice, cover and cook for 3-5 minutes on low heat. Garnish with chopped parsley if desired and serve.
- Don’t forget to share your photos on social media and hashtag, #dinnerwithtayo.