Simple, satisfying, and loaded with fresh veggies, these homemade spicy dumplings are irresistible. This recipe is perfect for your next family and friends gathering.
- 1 cup cabbage or coleslaw of choice (I used a prepackaged shredded blend with carrots)
- ½ cup Darling planted based Chick’n chopped
- ⅓ cup scallions thinly sliced
- ½ tbsp siracha
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ginger
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- salt and red pepper flakes to taste
- 2 tbsp oil
- ¼ cup water
- 1 packet dumpling wrappers
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- ½ tsp ginger, minced (or a pinch)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp hot chili sauce
- Kosher salt (a pinch if needed -taste before adding this)
- Heat sesame oil in a large saute pan over medium heat.
- Add carrots and cabbage, along with a large pinch of salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring frequently, for 6-8 minutes or until the liquid from the veggies has been released and begins to evaporate.
- Add green onion, chick’n, garlic, ginger, sriracha, and soy sauce along with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Cook for an additional minute. Then transfer the filling to a bowl and pop it in the fridge for about 10 minutes to cool completely.
- While the filling is cooling, combine dipping sauce ingredients and set aside.
- To assemble dumplings, wet the entire edge of the wrapper with water and add about a tablespoon of filling into the center of the wrapper.
- Fold the wrapper in half, creating a half-moon shape. Gently pat the bottom of the dumpling on the countertop to make sure it stands by itself.
- Continue with remaining filling until filling is finished or desired amount of dumplings are complete.
- Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in a large saute pan over medium heat.
- Saute dumplings in a batch of 7-8 depending on how large your pan is.
- Cook dumplings for 2 minutes or until a dark golden-brown crust forms on the bottom of the dumplings.
- Pour in ¼ cup of water, cover pan, and let the dumplings steam for 2-4 minutes or until the water has evaporated.
- Remove the lid and allow the dumplings to get crisp on the bottom again.
- Garnish with cilantro, green onion, and sesame seeds. Serve with dipping sauce and enjoy!
- Make sure you hashtag #DinnerWithTayo, I would love to see your dish.