Made with simple and wholesome ingredients like rolled oats, ripe bananas, and juicy blueberries, this Blueberry Banana Baked Oatmeal is a perfect way to start your day. The oats are baked to perfection, creating a warm and comforting texture that’s both satisfying and filling. The sweetness of the ripe bananas and the tartness of the blueberries make for a perfect balance of flavors. This dish is easy to make, nutritious, and can be customized with your favorite toppings like nuts, seeds, and more fresh fruit. So, whether you’re in a rush or have a leisurely morning ahead, this Blueberry Banana Baked Oatmeal is the perfect way to fuel your day and start it off on the right foot.
- 1 C smashed ripped banana
- 1 ½ C blueberries
- ¼ C agave, or honey
- 1 C uncooked old fashion oats
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp flax seeds
- 1 C oatmeal milk, or almond or any milk you desire
- ¼ C just egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Mash the bananas well with a fork (you’ll need 1 cup).
- In a large bowl, add the mashed bananas, eggs, salt, vanilla, milk and whisk until the ingredients are combined.
- In a separate bowl, Mix together brown sugar, oats, flax seeds, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Mix together then add in wet mixed ingredients and mix together until combined.
- Finally add blueberries and mix again until combined.
- Pour the oat mixture into a 9×9-inch casserole dish and transfer to the preheated oven. Bake for 45 minutes, or until it is golden brown on top and around the edges.
- Serve warm, top with extra blueberries and agave. (optional: refrigerate and enjoy cold!)
- Make sure you hashtag #DinnerWithTayo, I would love to see your dish.