Breakfast just got a lot easier. This loaded vegan breakfast burrito is the perfect way to start your day. All your favorites wrapped up in one.
- Just eggs (or choice of vegan eggs)
- ½ C plant based ground beef
- 1/4 cup Cilantro minced
- ½ cup onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic freshly minced or crushed
- 1 – 2 C grape tomatoes (diced into small pieces)
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- pre-cut sweet potatoes
- 1-2 whole wheat tortillas
- vegan queso fresco cheese
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp habanero sauce
- Micro greens
- Salt for taste
- Olive oil.
- Prepare the eggs, set aside once ready
- Cook the ground beef and spinach separately over medium heat with olive oil. Set aside once ready.
- In a small bowl mix together, cilantro, onions, grape tomatoes, garlic salt and lime juice.
- Air-fry or pan fry sweet potatoes until tender.
- Assemble theburritos. Grab a large burrito-sized tortilla. Add sauce onto one half of the tortilla, leaving a border on the edges. Spoon some of the eggs scramble on top, followed by the roasted potatoes, pico de Gallo, ground beef, spinach, queso cheese.
- Tip: When adding the salsa, limit the amount of liquid from the salsa to avoid the burrito getting wet.
- Roll the burritos. Pinch in the edges of the tortilla and fold it over the filling. Tuck the fillings into the tortilla, fold the edges in again, and give it a final roll. Repeat with the remaining tortillas and fillings, or store the leftover fillings separately in the fridge.
- Griddle the burritos. Heat a frying pan over medium heat. Add a touch of oil or cooking spray (not needed if your pan is nonstick). Add the burrito, seam-side down. Press down on the burrito with a large spatula or with a plate. Cook for 2 minutes, or until golden brown on the bottom. Carefully flip and cook another 1 to 2 minutes, or until golden brown on the second side.
- Serve burritos warm with extra honey habanero sauce on the side, if desired.
- Make sure you hashtag #DinnerWithTayo, I would love to see your dish.