This sweet potato chickpea coconut curry is the true definition of healthy comfort food that taste amazing. This recipe is layered with fabulous flavors you’ll fall in love with.
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced into 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 15-ounce can coconut milk
- 3 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 1 ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 4 cups baby spinach or chopped spinach
- ½ tbsp lime juice, to finish (optional)
- Crushed peanuts and torn fresh cilantro, to garnish
- To serve: basmati rice or rice of choice
- If serving with rice, start the basmati rice (prepare according to the package)
- Chop the onion, sweet potato, and garlic, as noted above.
- In a large skillet, pot or Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and sweet potato and sauté for 5 minutes, until onions are translucent. Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the chickpeas (drained and rinsed), coconut milk, paprika, curry paste, 1 cup water and the kosher salt and bring to a simmer. Simmer until sweet potatoes are tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add the spinach and lime juice and cook until the spinach wilts, about 1 minute.
- Garnish with crushed peanuts and torn cilantro.
- Serve immediately with rice.
- Make sure you hashtag #DinnerWithTayo, I would love to see your dish.