It’s that time of the year when pumpkin everything is in style. These easy to bake pumpkin scones topped with a decadent maple glaze are perfect with a hot cup of coffee on a crisp Fall morning.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ C sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 6 Tbsp hardened coconut oil (or vegan butter/margarine)
- 3/4 C pumpkin puree
- 1/3 C unsweetened almond milk
- 1 C organic powdered sugar
- 2 tsp pure maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- Glaze: In a small/medium bowl, add the powdered sugar, maple syrup and non-dairy milk, mix well and set aside. Glaze should be thick. If glaze is thin, place in the refrigerator to chill and thicken.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and lightly grease with oil.
- In a medium size bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, sugar, pumpkin spice and salt, blend well. Add the coconut oil, and using either a pastry blender or mixing spoon, mix well. Then add the pumpkin puree, vanilla, and milk to the mixture, stir to form a dough. Using your hands, knead the dough into an even ball.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface. Lightly flour the top of the dough and pat into a circle, (see picture above – roughly about 1 inch high 8 inch wide). Using a knife, gently divide the dough into 6 – 8 slices.
- Place the scones on the baking sheet. Place in the oven and bake for about 18 minutes, until lightly golden along the edges. Let cool a bit before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Once your scones are cooled, drizzle the glaze in a zig zag across the top of each scone. Let the glaze set before serving. Enjoy.
- Make sure you hashtag #DinnerWithTayo, I would love to see your dish.