Shrimp and Scallop Scampi is a classic seafood dish that is sure to impress. This recipe features succulent shrimp and tender scallops cooked in a buttery garlic and lemon sauce. It’s a delicious and easy-to-make dish that’s perfect for any occasion, whether you’re hosting a dinner party or just looking for a special meal to enjoy at home. The combination of shrimp and scallops creates a rich and flavorful dish that’s perfect for seafood lovers. Serve this shrimp and scallop scampi over a bed of pasta or with a side of crusty bread to soak up all the delicious sauce. It’s sure to become a family favorite in no time.
- 1 pound linguini
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 4 Large scallops cut in half.
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- Pinch red pepper flakes, optional
- 20 large shrimp, about 1 pound, peeled and deveined, tail off
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup of white wine (I used sauvignon blanc)
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley leaves
- Mozzarella cheese for topping
- Cook the linguini as instructed on the package.
- Peel and clean the shrimp. Season the shrimp and scallops with a pinch of salt.
- In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter and 2 tablespoons olive oil together over medium-high heat.
- Add the shrimp, scallops, garlic, and red pepper flakes, black pepper, cook for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add wine and squeeze lime juice and bring to a boil. Add the parsley and gently stir well and allow to cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Once ready, serve the pasta with the shrimp and scallop, drizzle the sauce over the pasta, and drizzle over a bit more olive oil and serve immediately.
- Enjoy! Make sure you tag #DinnerWithTayo, I would love to see your dish.
This looks great!! Definitely a must try!