This slow cooked chicken tomato stew is like no other stew. The flavors and taste of this dish comes from Nigeria and the coastline of west Africa.
- Chicken pieces (drumsticks and thighs)
- 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1-2 tbsp chicken bouillon
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- Parsely, finely diced
- 1 tsp curry
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Rinse the chicken and place on a sheet tray. Preheat the oven at 375°f. Season both sides of the chicken with salt and black pepper. Bake the chicken for 15 – 20 minutes.
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onions and sauté for 5 minutes, until onions are golden brown, then reduce the heat.
- Carefully add tomatoes, chicken broth, seasoning, salt and simmer for about 25 minutes. Stir continuously to prevent burning at the bottom.
- Add the chicken and continue cooking on medium heat for about 10 minutes. Stir together and add water if needed.
- Serve with rice or anything of your choice. Enjoy! Don’t forget to hashtag, #dinnerwithtayo.