These sweet plantains pancakes are exactly what you are in search of, easy, healthy, fun, creative, and all the flavors you want to get your day started.
- 2 ripped plantains
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp butter, melted or oil
- Place the plantains, flour, egg, baking powder, cinnamon, sugar, milk, butter and salt in the blender. Blend until you have a smooth batter.
- Melt a tablespoon of butter or oil in a pan over medium heat. Once the oil has melted and the pan is hot, use 1/3 measuring cup to pour the batter onto the pan.
- Cook until the bottom edges of the pancake are golden brown, then flip the pancakes and cook the other side for 1-2 minutes, or until the pancakes are cooked through. (Repeat step 2 and 3 until you are all out of the batter)
- Once the pancakes are ready, (this is optional) you can garnish the pancakes with fried plantains or butter at the top.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Don’t forget to share your photos on social media and hashtag, #dinnerwithtayo.