These sweet plantains pancakes are exactly what you are in search of, easy, healthy, fun, creative, and all the flavors you want to get your day started.
- 2 ripped sweet plantains
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp butter, melted or non-stick cooking spray
- Serving: syrup, powdered sugar
- Cut up peeled plantains. Place the plantains, flour, egg, baking powder, cinnamon, sugar, milk, butter, and salt in the blender. Blend until you have a smooth batter.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a pan over medium heat, then pour about 1⁄3 cup of batter depending on your fry pan or skillet. Fry on both sides for about 2 minutes each or until both sides are golden brown. (Repeat step 2 until you are all out of the batter)
- Once the pancakes are ready, (this is optional) you can garnish the pancakes with fried plantains or butter at the top.
- Serve with syrup and or powdered sugar and enjoy.
- Don’t forget to share your photos on social media and hashtag, #dinnerwithtayo.