Try this nutritious BBQ black bean and quinoa burger. Packed with all your favorite fixing, this recipe is an upgrade to your burger selection.
- Coconut or olive oil for cooking
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups cooked black beans, drained, or 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- Cook the quinoa and set aside (see notes on the original packing for instructions).
- Roughly mash the black beans with a fork leaving some whole black beans in a paste-like mixture.
- Add in the cooked quinoa, bread crumbs, salt, cajun seasoning, garlic, paprika, salt, and tomato paste. Mix together until combined.
- Form the black bean mixture into patties.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the patties on both sides for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve the patties on a whole-wheat hamburger bun with guacamole, barbecue sauce, and other desired toppings, or on top of a salad.
- Enjoy and don’t forget to hashtag, #dinnerwithtayo.