Mahi-mahi is a popular fish species found in the tropical and subtropical waters of the world. It is also known as the dolphin fish or dorado. It has a firm texture and a sweet, mild flavor, which makes it a popular choice among seafood lovers.
One delicious way to prepare mahi-mahi is by cooking it in a Thai coconut curry sauce. This recipe is not only easy to make, but it also packs a punch of flavors that will leave your taste buds dancing.
This recipe serves 4 people and takes around 30 minutes to make. It is a perfect dish for a weeknight dinner or a special occasion. The combination of the sweet and mild mahi-mahi with the spicy and creamy coconut curry sauce is sure to be a hit with everyone at the table.
Here’s what you’ll need to make fresh mahi-mahi in Thai coconut curry sauce:
- 1/2 can of unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- 4 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic seasoning
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced green onions (more for garnishing after plating)
- 1 pound of mahi-mahi fillets (sliced into 4 pieces)
- This dish should be served with steam rice or quinoa & rice mix (basmati, wild and jasmine rice mix)
- Combine the coconut milk, lime juice, red curry paste, garlic, fish oil, salt together in a bowl, green onions and mix. Scoop out 1/4 cup of the sauce to brush the fish with later.
- Pour the remaining mix in a sauce pan and bring to a boil over medium high heat. Simmer for 8 to 9 minutes until sauce thickens slightly.
- Remove the sauce from heat; stir in green onions. Set aside to cool slightly. Season sauce with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Season fish with salt and pepper then brush each pieces of fish with the 1/4 cup of sauce you set aside from earlier. Bake the fish in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Once the fish is ready, serve with rice and pour some of the remaining sauce over the fish. Sprinkle with additional green onions if needed.